Yehudale’s Falafel and Pizza is seeking experienced Chef and cook. The requirements listed below are indicative of the nature of the position and can be modified due to organizational changes, new business developments, or expansion of the position.
- Deliver first-class service to all customers
- Strong food and beverage knowledge with an emphasis on ingredient driven seasonal cuisine
- Minimum of 3 years relative experience in the restaurant industry
- Working the line as required
- Experience working with a wood burning oven is an asset
- Consistently uphold the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation. Constantly monitor all kitchen areas to ensure they are kept clean, safe and code compliant
- Ensure all recipes and orders are executed at the highest possible standards of accuracy and in a timely manner
- Taste food during production and service to ensure quality and consistency
- Complete any additional tasks as assigned by the Executive Chef, Owner, or GM
- Work in partnership with the rest of the kitchen team to execute daily priorities
- Embrace change and deliver top results no matter the obstacle
- Foster and maintain open communication between FOH and BOH management and staff
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision while exercising broad discretion and professional judgment while performing all duties assigned.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to accept direction and constructive criticism
- Team player with enthusiastic outlook and creative mind
- Strong decision making abilities
- Advanced knife skills
- Food Handler Certification
- Wages will start at $14.00 per hour