- Posted by : Burlington Royal Arts Academy
November 28, 2023 - March 27, 2024
- Job category : Education & Training
Located in Burlington Ontario, Burlington Royal Arts Academy is the only private arts high school in the Halton region. Approved by the Ministry of Education, all students pursue an educational pathway that provides the Ontario Secondary School Diplomat while experiencing a rich, personalized curriculum focusing on artistic expression, creative thinking and development of voice.
We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Educational Assistant to join us at Burlington Royal Arts Academy. This is a fantastic opportunity to the development of our students and gain valuable experience in an engaging educational environment. The successful candidate will contribute to delivering high-quality instruction, creating a positive learning environment and supporting student success.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Terms of Employment: Permanent Full-time, 37.5 hr/week
Salary Range: $28.00/hr, paid vacation days and public holidays
Location: 2054 Mountainside Dr., Burlington, ON L7P 1A8
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with classroom teachers to develop strategies that support emotional and social skills and capacity and skill-building across all areas of learning.
- Leads small group intervention sessions in core academic subjects such as math and literacy, as well as supporting the development of executive functioning skills and emotional regulation.
- Commits to working with the fundamental principles of an inquiry approach while supporting the development of specific academic skills of individual and small groups of students using differentiated instructional strategies.
- Assists with the ongoing supervision of playground, group and routine activities and the implementation of daily activities (indoor and outdoor).
- Attends faculty, big idea, and student of consideration meetings.
- Involved in student and teacher conferences and evaluations.
- Communicate with parents/guardians regarding student progress and behavior.
- Embeds diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging into all processes.
- Participates in professional learning and growth opportunities,
- Provide additional support in other Guidance functions as needed.
- College Diploma is required.
- Fluent English is a Must.
- Minimum one year of working experience in the educational industry.
- Eager to collaborate and work in a team environment.
- Proven ability to contribute to planning discussions.
- Comfortable integrating technologies in student learning
- A growth mindset of continuous improvement and learning
- Culturally competent with a positive attitude toward cultural uniqueness and a readiness to accept and respect others
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
Submit your application by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.