Job Details ( Inactive job )
- Posted by : LM Wind Power Canada
July 23, 2019 - Expire after -1311 days
- Job category : Engineering
LM Wind Power Canada, a subsidiary of the world’s largest manufacturer of wind turbine blades, GE Renewable Energy, is looking for a quality supervisor. The company has over 500 employees and is located in the beautiful Gaspé region. By joining this world-renowned company, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills and increase your responsibilities in an international environment, while building a rich and varied career in keeping with your ambitions.
Reporting to the VP of Quality, the Quality Supervisor is responsible for:
- Managing the Quality Department team
- Managing the team according to OHS procedures and objectives
- Assessing quality and performance of each team member and making sure work is completed properly and on time
- Organizing, training, and assigning workers according to department needs
- Making sure Quality team members have the necessary skills to meet the varied needs of all production departments
- Interpreting work instruction and quality control procedures accurately to ensure that all acceptance criteria are met
- Keeping all Quality Department documentation up to date
- Recommending or carrying out staff management actions, including disciplinary measures, reassignment, termination, etc.
- Making ongoing improvements and optimizing inspection and quality control procedures
- Reviewing and analyzing quality reports
- Motivating department employees and providing them with opportunities for professional development
- Working in partnership with the LM Wind Power Global team
- Performing all other tasks related to the position
- College diploma or four years of experience as a supervisor in an industrial setting
- Leadership and the ability to encourage adherence to the quality policy
- Fluent in English and French (spoken and written)
- Outstanding communication skills (spoken and written)
- Ability to work with IT systems
- Ability to resolve problematic situations
- In‑depth knowledge of ISO quality systems an asset
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing an asset
- Permanent, full-time position.
- Highly competitive pay and access to a generous benefits package, to take care of you and your loved ones.
LM Wind Power Canada is committed to employment equity and encourages the development and growth of its employees at work. As a part of the LM Wind Power Canada team, you will be engaging with dynamic, passionate and proud people. Come work with us!