The person should be able to perform the following job duties and responsibilities;
- Responsible for establishing a structure of walls, beams and ceilings.
- Must be able to look at blueprint plans, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements for the intended building to determine which tools and materials will be needed for the job.
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools.
- Build all of the elements required for floor, and interior and exterior wall and roof systems.
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials.
- Designs, lays groundwork by measuring, marking and arranging materials with building codes in mind.
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay sub flooring and erect walls and roof systems.
- Fit and install trim items, such as doors, stairs, molding and hardware.
- Maintain, repair and renovate residences and wooden structures in mills, mines, hospitals, industrial plants and other establishments.
- Will use nails, screws, staples, or adhesive to link the materials in construction.
- Required to double check the accuracy of your work using levels, rules and surveying tools.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools necessary to accomplish assigned work.
- Knowledge of mathematical, technical and critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands, working at heights with fall protection devices.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program
A combination of over four years of work experience in the trade is required.
- The technical education in this field would be an asset.
Language requirement: there is no specific language ability required to perform as a Framer Carpenter.
Salary: $ 27.00 and guaranteed 30hrs/week.
Work Location: Allover Lower mainland depending upon project location.
To Apply, Please send your resumes to:
By Email: email@example.com
By fax: (604)-608-9853
By mail: 13439 68 Avenue, Surrey BC, V3W 2G1