White Diamond Construction Ltd. (Office Address: 10919 – 139A Street, SurreyBC, V3R 3E7) is looking for 2 individuals for the position of "Framer Carpenter" on permanent and full time equivalent.
The person should be able to perform the following job duties and responsibilities;
- Responsible for establishing a structure of walls, beams and ceilings.
- Build all of the elements required for floor, and interior and exterior wall and roof systems.
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials.
- Designs, lays groundwork by measuring, marking and arranging materials with building codes in mind.
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay sub flooring and erect
walls and roof systems.
- Fit and install trim items, such as doors, stairs, molding and
- Maintain, repair and renovate residences and wooden structures in
commercial residential and other establishments.
- Will use nails, screws, staples, or adhesive to link the materials in construction.
- Required to double check the accuracy of your work using levels, rules and surveying tools.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools necessary to accomplish assigned work.
- Knowledge of mathematical, technical and critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands, working at heights with fall protection devices.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program
A combination of over four years of work experience in the trade is required.
- The technical education in this field would be an asset.
Salary: $ 27.00/hr and guaranteed 30hrs/week.
Language requirement: there is no specific language required to perform this job.
Work Location: Allover BC depending upon project location.
How to Apply
By Mail: 10919 – 139A Street, SurreyBC, V3R 3E7
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org